Title: Administrative Assistant
Part-time: 60 hours/month
Children are the heart of the Read to Me Project, an innovative program that helps children achieve kindergarten readiness and a lifetime of literacy by empowering school age brothers and sisters to read to their young siblings at home. The Read to Me Project vision is: Every child entering kindergarten is prepared to succeed.
The Administrative Assistant will manage general office operations support department leaders on special projects as needed. The position requires an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team with ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, anticipate needs, take initiative, and problem solve. The ideal candidate for this job is reliable, resourceful, organized and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is also key to success in this position.
Position Summary: The Read to Me Project Administrative Assistant will be trained to understand aspects of program implementation, which will serve to help the individual anticipate and support a variety of program related tasks; to articulate the Read to Me Project mission and impacts; and to use existing technical systems and programs including the management of CRM data. The Assistant also research data and generate reports for marketing and program purposes; help manage funder recognitions, donor appreciation, and complete other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director. The position involves a somewhat flexible schedule, of 15 – 20 hours per week between the weekday hours of 9 am to 5 pm to total 60 hours each month.
Specific Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Enter and manage CRM data
- Enter and manage program data
- Compile data and create Read to Me Project reports to district superintendents and school principals
- Research school districts to identify new targets for program growth
- Curate content for marketing and communications purposes including program data/statistics, photos and other information relevant for communications to teachers and school administrators.
- Set and organize meetings/events; prepare meeting materials. Manage distribution of meeting materials.
- Manage multiple electronic and hard copy files
- Draft correspondence; including thank you letters to funders and follow up on emails; manage mailings
- Maintain office equipment, including computers and copy machines
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and purchasing items
- Address building issues with landlord
- Respond to questions and requests for information
- Post to social media and update website
- Executive support
- Calendaring; event/meeting planning and coordination
- Professional phone and email etiquette
- Ability to manage and complete multiple assignments with adherence to deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail; dedication to high-quality work on all tasks and projects
- Ability to take and follow instruction and work within established systems
- Top-notch writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, and working knowledge of Google Docs
- Technically savvy with ability to trouble shoot issues with IT service provider
- Familiar with social media channels and best practices
- Exceptional communication skills
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Three years relevant experience
- Must have own car with insurance and be willing to run errands
- Ability to take initiative and be accountable
- Punctual and prepared
- Team oriented
- Passion for literacy and the Read to Me Project vision
- Ability to ask for help and find information
- Sense of humor and fun
Hours: 60 hours per month – weekly schedule will be determined.
Join Our Small, Mighty Team:
If you would like to be part of the Read to Me Project team please send your resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in this position and how your skills match the outlined responsibilities and requirements.