Here is an easy and rewarding way to serve your community.
- Do something fantastic for children in need
- Make room in that closet or on those book shelves
- Feel great about providing books to kids
- Students earn community service hours
Read to Me Project is looking for books for children ages 0 to 12 years (babies to 6th graders).
Simply gather new and gently used children’s books – and those of your neighbors, friends, classmates and co-workers – and bring them to us. We do the rest. Children can gain life-changing literacy experiences through books. Please help!
How to Run a Book Drive
A book drive is a simple and easy community service project for schools, scout troops, congregations, civic groups, neighborhood associations, book clubs and workplaces.
Read to Me Project is an early-learning literacy program that needs new and gently used books for babies through 8thgrade. Baby board books, picture books, first chapter books and middle grade books in English and Spanish are always welcome and are put to good use throughout the year.
Here’s what to do:
- Sign up.
Think about and commit to when and where you’ll hold your book drive. Determine the day(s) and time(s) for when and where to drop off donated books. Reserve space with easy access for those donating the books.
- Announce your book drive at your school, club, work place and through your social media networks. [Customizable announcement template].
- Put out the bins or boxes with the “Donate Books Here” sign. [Donate Book Sign].
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 831.275.1300 x702 to schedule a time for dropping off the books at Read to Me Project office located at 1121A Baldwin Street, Salinas 93906.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE: Read to Me Project staff often works with children at the schools so the office is not always open. Please be sure to contact us before dropping off the books.