Volunteers give the gift of time and are amazing champions of early literacy. We offer a variety of opportunities for individuals and small groups to apply an expertise, skill, and interest during certain times of year.
Current Need for Volunteers
Being with the children during Read to Me Project’s Holiday Gift Wrap Event is a heart-warming way to launch the holiday season. This opportunity is rare, since you would be supporting a Read to Me Project program coordinator in the classroom by helping students gift wrap books as presents for the little ones they are reading to at home.
This is our call for your help at one of the schools listed below. Can you give us a few hours of your time between November and early December? If you would like to learn more and are interested in participating, please reply to this email and I will share the event dates as they are established.
- La Gloria Elementary 220 Elko St, Gonzales, CA
- Arroyo Seco Academy 1226 Apple Ave, Greenfield, CA
- Cesar Chavez Elementary 250 Apple Ave, Greenfield, CA
- Mary Chapa Academy 490 El Camino Real, Greenfield, CA
- Oak Avenue Elementary 1239 Oak Ave, Greenfield, CA
- Del Rey Elementary 502 King St, King City, CA
- Santa Lucia Elementary 502 Collins St, King City, CA
- King City Arts Magnet School 415 Pearl St, King City, CA
- Creekside Elementary 1770 Kittery St, Salinas, CA
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-682-0740 (9 am – 4 pm)
Come join the fun and share the joy of the holiday season with our student readers! We look forward to seeing you.
For future volunteer opportunities Click here to be added to our volunteer contact list. Thank you!